We helped 24 schools build their alumni programs in 2021. School routines were disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic again for most of the year.
But alumni weren’t deterred. They gave back to their old schools in increasing numbers and our alumni programs grew.
We connected more alumni to their schools. We held more alumni career pathways sessions for students. More students gained practical advice hearing from alumni in the sessions.
We’ve collected some of Ourschool’s key results for 2020 and created a brief impact video to thank our supporters for believing in us.
The video, created by our colleague, Sally Davis, tells the story of Ourschool’s progress at our partner schools in 2020. It also features some of the impressive alumni we’ve worked with in 2020.
Ourschool’s gratitude and impact video – 2020
Ourschool started in 2017, creating and road-testing our program in a small pilot of nine schools. Since then, we’ve achieved the following key outcomes* working with our city and regional partner schools:
- 66,710+ students in our alumni career pathways sessions
- 910+ alumni career pathways sessions held by us
- 1,930+ alumni volunteers took part in these sessions
- 12,150+ alumni connected to their schools and the program
- 260 student work experience placements offered by alumni
- Eight student scholarships established, three fundraising school projects involving alumni
- Creating local jobs at public schools: 28+ alumni program coordinator jobs created
* Data collected up to 2020 with schools in the Ourschool Foundation service; 2021-22 data collected from the Ourschool Foundation, Coach Plus, Coach and Network Membership services.
You can learn more about our program’s impact on students, teachers and alumni by going to our Survey findings page. It contains findings from an independent evaluation of the Ourschool program.